A note from Fern Resort...
Thank you for thinking of Fern Resort as your future employer. We are gearing up for another exciting year. We are looking for year - round employees, College/University students, co-op students and local high school students (or those from out of town with local accommodation in the summer). Fern can offer prospective employees fun work experiences, excitement and the opportunity to meet many new friends and make some great memories. Click HERE to see current jobs available but read on - the following information may be helpful to you:
1) Fern Resort is a year-round four and a half star American Plan Resort located on Lake Couchiching just outside of Orillia. We have 105 rooms and cater mostly to families from mid-June to Labour Day. We offer many facilities to our guests which our staff are able to use as a priviledge. Go to HYPERLINK "http://www.fernresort.com"Check out the rest of our site to learn more about us.
2) During the Off-season (September to April), available jobs will be posted on the web site. For seasonal (summer) employment we hire Dining Room Servers, Dining Room Captains, Dishwashers, Lifeguards, Play Village Supervisors, Room Attendants, Recreation Staff and Kitchen Staff.
3) We take applications from mid-February to mid- March. for seasonal positions and at any time for off-season positions. If we wish to interview you we will contact you. If you are contacted for an interview you would need to be able to attend the interview here at the resort. If you live more than 3 hours away or out of country a phone interview could be conducted.
4) To qualify for a summer position at Fern you must be available from mid - June to September 7, 2009. Hours from May - mid-June are only on a part-time basis. Full-time does not start until mid-June. If you are not available until Labour Day you would not be offered a position.
5) Fern has limited staff accommodations available for those 19 years of age or older. Single is $85.00, double/ triple is $69.00 per week including 3 meals per day. Single rooms are not guaranteed. If you are not 19 or older you would need to have alternative accommodations in the area to qualify for a position.
6) For those 18 and over most pay wages range from $9.40 - $11.00 per hour.
A small amount of the wage $.50 - $1.00 is held until you finish your summer contract. If you forfeit your contract you do not collect the additional wage that was held.
If you are interested and have already sent your resume, if we wish to interview you, you will be contacted sometime in February or March for seasonal employment and within two weeks for all other employment. Otherwise please send your resume in Word or Excel format to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 705 - 327 - 5647, or mail to Laura Nelson 4432 Fern Resort Rd. R.R. # 5, Orillia, On, L3V 6H5.
CURRENT JOB LISTINGS
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
VP - Human Resources